Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day to YOU!

Well, I was a bit bummed that I keep procrastinating on the Delightful Inspiration weekly challenge.  I had the image ready, but no card designed. 

I am so glad that I procrastinated!

This beautiful green day has brought our family some luck.  My DH has been unemployed for almost two years.  While he has worked part time, it hasn't been a permanent position; or a job he truly wants for the rest of his life!  Today he went for an interview and was offered a job!!  Needless to say, he accepted and starts on Sunday! 

This great news inspired my card today.  Not only because it is St. Patrick's Day, but because the luck of the Irish sure is shining on us today!!


The DP and CS is all from Close To My Heart, the angel is from Faith over at Delightful Inspirations and the clover stamp is from studio g.

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

ps ~ Drop in tomorrow for a fun hop with the DTs of Deedee's Digis!!!!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh April this is very nice, love the embellies. Nice take on St Patrick's Day!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a cute card, April! I am so very excited for your family. You have waited a long time for this to take place. Congratulations!

Tammy said...

Wonderful news! So happy for you and your family. Great card by the way.

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

April, your card is fabulous! I love the paper piecing. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card and your DH good news! All the best to you both! Thanks for joining us at Designed 2 Delight. Hugs, Kathie

Michelle said...

I am so excited for your family! Congratulations to DH! Your card is so cute, and the image is perfect.

Lori said...

Yea! Congratulations to your husband and family!!! Super cute angel, perfect dp.

Barb said...

Great card and I am so happy for your DH and yoru family! Awesome News!

Faith S. said...

LOVE the paper piecing, and congrats on the new job for your DH! Yea!! :)

Becky said...

She is so cute!! Wonderful paper piecing.

Carol W said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow, great news for sure...I am so incredibly happy for all of you...yay for Mike..so glad he got a job he wanted...hope everything goes smoothly for him....(great card too...)...♥