Monday, March 7, 2011

Did you think I got lost?

NEVER... I just had a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to upload anything.  I have also been working ahead on a few projects which I can't show off just yet!

Today is Monday and that can only mean one thing....

It's time for the HAPPY MONDAY CHALLENGE WITH DEEDEE'S DIGIS!

This week the challenge is to use PASTELS.

Easy peasy, you are thinking!

My card features "Christ is Risen" and was colored up with my Bic's and gel pens.  I do have to admit that it looks better in real life, since the cross glitters and is really highlighted.  I made it like a stained glass window and chose my colors to reflect the season!  The green is for the grass and blue, orange and  yellow for the grass and sun.  The pink and purple for The King.  I used some scraps from a recent baby album I made and used my nesties for some interest.  The corner is just some clear rhinestones.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check out the Happy Monday Challenge for yourself!

Huggz,
April

11 comments:

Lone Pine Designs said...

It looks just like a stained glass window...love it!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card. Love the multicolors behind the cross.

Kathy and Lucky said...

April, this is just gorgeous, you really showcased the image with the wonderful coloring and colors. Beautiful.

MiamiKel said...

LOL, we found April! :) You GB :) LOVE LOVE this card, omgosh, I can't wait to ink it up but mostly I just love yours - your creativity is just shining right through with this beautiful nestied background, fab coloring and gorgeous design. Hope things slow down for you soon!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such pretty layers for your stained-glass cross!! What a wonderful Easter card, April!

Lori said...

Love the stained glass idea, I'm sure it's even better irl!

Becky said...

Beautiful stained glass.

Lola said...

Very pretty stained glass look!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, your card is gorgeous! Love the focus of Easter and what beautiful colors! Fantastic job, my friend!

dweatter said...

Oh so pretty Easter card!

Anonymous said...

This is really incredible, April -- LOVE the stained glass effect, and how you each of the colors stands for something. What a wonderful way to honor both our Lord's sacrifice and the beauty of the season in one card!