Monday, March 28, 2011

CGC?

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY HAPPY MONDAY POST,
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN


Okay, I admit, I was too lazy to say that this post is for the Calendar Girls Challenge.  I was the virtual hostess this month and this is what I asked:

I chose March because it is my birth month and the time that the weather starts to break here in the NorthEast. I always have something to look forward to!


For our challenge this month, I wanted to challenge us with a three-fer. It is the third month after all!
1. Since Spring is right around the corner and I am so looking forward to it, I'd like everyone to use a stamp/stamps/digi(s) that portray something YOU are looking forward to! It can be Spring, Summer, vacation, a holiday, or even a nice dinner!
2. I'd like you to use a technique or product that "scares" you. In my case, it could be glitter or spray Smooch. Just make it something that you admire and have procrstinated trying or using!
3. Lastly, I'd like you to use the attched sketch. You can interpret it however loosely you wish. I would just like CS/DP to follow my sketch - add all the layers and embellies you see fit. The sketch can be rotated and proportions can change - it is just a rough drawing


That all being said, here is my card and a little ditty to tell you about it.

I am so looking forward to the day that my son, Kyle, can have a dog.  Probably not as much as he is, but still looking forward to that day!  Therefore, I used PuddleJumper, Noah , from Claudia and Company as my image.  I recently won this and couldn't wait to get it so that I could make this very card!
I am scared spitless of using my Smooch spray - it comes out about once every hundreth time I try it, so was determined to use it on this card.  I used two different ones trying to get it to glitter - and while the picture really doesn't do it justice, it isn't exactly how I wanted the finished product to look....lol  I like to think that maybe it depicts a splattering of mud which Kyle and his puppy will one day be tracking through my house....lol

 

Thanks for stopping by!
Huzzs,
April

16 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, your card is darling! I hope Kyle gets his dog soon!!! I love the sketch you provided for us to use and your use of it is nothing short of amazing! Love the image, love the colors. Love your card!!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh April, this is just dreamy - I love this stamp, too - it's one of my faves, a boy and his dog (the same theme I had with Deedee's this week, lol!) GORGEOUS color green! Thank you for the sketch this month, I hope I did it justice and had fun once I got in the groove of making mine! Love ya girl! I sure hope that your wish comes true for Kyle one day :) xoxo

Becky said...

This is so cute! Nothing like having a dog.

Tammy said...

Yup, looks like mud. Clever idea. Dogs, kids and mud are always a winning combination.

Barb said...

Great Card to go with a wonderful challenge thsi month! I loved the sketch and the components we were to make within the card. This card is so darn cute!

dweatter said...

Cute card April. You were a terrific hostess! Love the challenge you put out to us. Way to go on using the Smooch spray...I have yet to try the spray. Sure hope Kyle gets his dog soon!

kadie said...

You did such a great job with creating this sketch, April! All of the cards I've seen are wonderful! And this card is SO SWEET! Nothing like a boy and his dog and I too hope that Kyle's dreams of having one come true soon! Hugs!
P.S. Congrats on your win!

Lori said...

Aww, cute image, and great card. Hope you-um, I mean-Kyle gets his dog soon. I remember how fun it is.

Carol W said...

Oh April, what a great card...say to go with the smooch too...I love the challenge you presented...(got me off my duff to try something I've been holding at arms length for quite awhile now...lol). I hope Kyle can get his dog soon...hugs...♥

Terry Ladwig said...

That's a very cute card April, and you did great on your sketch ☺ C&C has such cute images....I love it!!

Thanks for being a great hostess!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Way to make mud, April! LOL It turned out great. Very cute card.

Michelle said...

Cool card! I really like how you used the smooch. Very cute!

~Paola~ said...

awwww..I LUV your Noah and his dog card!!
Sooo darn cuteeeee too!
Wonderful double circles to accompany the image...I absolutly love the sketch and the challenge you gave us April...
I promise to work at mine asap....as soon as I'm done w/ other priorities such as SOTC I NEED to send ya soon...*wink* :o)

Anonymous said...

Your Calendar Girl challenges have been so fun to follow! I loved reading about how you came up with this one, and the inspiration behind the image. Praying Kyle is able to get his dog sooner than later -- every boy should know that kind of love! Your card is wonderful. Such great colors, and I LOVE those mud splatters! :-)

Darlene said...

Woo hoo, April!!! This one captures "Spring" here in the North East, at least the little hint we get in March! The stamp is really cute, and your layout is very clever. Hmmm, maybe you will inspire me to try the Smooch...maybe not, LOL. But I really like how it turned out on your background. Perfect!

ddazzled71 said...

Hello April, its been a while since I've dropped by.....I hope you had a wonderful Birthday and I really love the Challenge you have set and your cute card you have created taking all that criteria into consideration. Glimmer Mist is definitely one product I know a lot of people are afraid of, me included. I love how you took the bull by the horns and how it turned out. Perfect!!!