Friday, December 2, 2011

A little tag

Well, it really isn't little, but I think tag and automatically think little....lol

I made this tag for a challenge at SCS for a guest DT position with MFT. I must be honest and say that I feel my tags are never quite worthy. I think all crafters think this way at some point, so I sucked it up and tried! I even think I pulled it off! My friend LJ has been quite the enabler where MFT is concerned. I am in love with the whole Pure Innocence line, not to mention Fred Bear! Who doesn't love a bear who loves s'mores and brings flowers?? I have yet to try their dies, but I look and sigh every month when I get their newsletter.....aaahhhhh.....sigh.... Just think, I could become the enabler if I am chosen....lol



I used card stock, kraft and candy cane stripe, by a*muse, ribbon by SU!, a dollar stamp from Mike's (the to/from), and Lily of the Valley from the Pure Innocence line at My Favorite Things. She's colored with my Copic's; and I replaced her lily of the valley with a poinsettia I layered with Prima's. The flower looks a bit blurry, but the top layer is tulle! The back of the tag is all candy cane stripe. I used my Cricut to cut out all three layers of the tag!

I really like who this sweet tag turned out! What do you think?

I have a super busy weekend ahead, so probably won't post again until the beginning of the week!


Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

This has also been entered in the current challenge at Joan's Gardens!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so sweet, great tag with that adorable image and poinsettia. Loving the candy cane paper behind it. Joan's Gardens is also having a "tag" challenge. Have a great weekend.

Barb said...

Great Tag April--I love the poinsettia you added!

Good luck with the DT position!

Lauren said...

This is great April, I love the image, so sweet. Checked out your DT challenge too, will be there from time to time. hugs

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a sweet tag and I love the little flower!

Tammy said...

I think its great! Sweet tag.

Melina said...

I love how she is holding the poinsettia! Gorgeous tag April :)

Darlene said...

April, this tag is just wonderful. I always like it when people take the best from multiple sources and use them all together on one creation, and you did just that! Lily is adorable in her Christmas dress too!

Glenda said...

Great tag, love the stripped background and the poinsettia!

Joan Fricker said...

Your tag is adorable. I love the color combination.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Card Challenge. Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

kadie said...

Cute cute cute cute cute!!! I'm addicted to MFT tooooo...if only I could by them all, instead I just oooh and awwww. :)
Did I mention this tag is cute? :) HUGS

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

SUch a sweet tag April ~ perfect for the MFT Guest DT Challenge!

And I am happy to enable you ~ I LOVE those MFT PI Girls. :)