Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crafty Creation

As I was blurfing this morning, I came across a post at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps about their sponsorship this week of challenges at the deconstructed sketch, Do You Stack Up and For Your Inspiration. While I follow Jen and her deconstruction, I wasn't aware of the other two challenges. (Ok, I do sometimes live under a rock....lol)

Well, moral of the story, I decided to combine the three challenges and created this card!



It was pretty easy to combine them; DS29 needed a bow of some sort and that played into the ribbon/something to tie aspect at DYSU48, and FYI19 gave me the color inspiration!

The plum base was from Recollections, the kraft from a*muse, and the DP from Bo Bunny. The ribbon I have had forever and the pearls were from Michael's and buttons from CTMH. The main frame is stamped with CTMH Cocoa on a base I chalked to give a reflective scene. The sentiment is from the same set!

What do you think? My SIL says that it is very girly for me!! I hope you will let me know what you think....


Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

17 comments:

WencheP said...

This is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

:: BlueInks :: said...

April, this card turned out so pretty! I really like it.

The colors and the layout are perfect for one another. My kinda card! ♥

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful card!! I love purple and green together!! Such a soft background behind the image.

Anonymous said...

This is really eye-catching, April. Love the purple and green together, and the scene is just so serene -- the kind of scene I want to step right into. I don't know, it doesn't strike me as terribly girly, but it sure is beautiful!

MiamiKel said...

Very nicely done, April - a little winter, a little spring - a card for all seasons! :)

Darlene said...

Ohhhh April, this color combo is beautiful. Love the purple and the floral swirled DP. The sentiment is so pretty and the simplistic design of the trees accents, not detracts, from the other elements! Nicely done!

Tammy said...

Great job creating for three challenges! Awesome card.

StephC said...

I think it's gorgeous! The challenges combined very nicely into your card. I love it. So glad you joined us at FYI!

Michelle said...

April, this is a gorgeous card! Now that you've found us, I hope you'll come back again. :-) Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Sara Mac said...

April you did a wonderful job combining each challenge. I love your choice of papers. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at FYI.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card from the inspiration - love that purple cs! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Unknown said...

Beautiful - I love trees

kitten - DYSU team

Jen Shults said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and those gorgeous trees! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

kadie said...

April, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us this week at FYI!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

This is a wonderful card. The panel with the trees is my favorite! Thanks for playing along with us at the For Your Inspiration Challenge Blog!

Debby said...

That's a lovely scene you've created. Welcome and thanks for joining us at FYI!