Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A little bit of sunshine?

Okay, maybe I didn't see the sun out today....

But, I did make a card with a sun on it..... Does that count?

This card could be submitted to this week's challenge over at Crafting with Deedee's Digi's....
I know I can't since I am on the DT, but thought I'd throw out the challenge for all my faithful followers....

The image was cut out, as were two extra clouds and added in two layers to give real dimension to the card.  I inked up the sides of the sentiment and freehanded some bling around the card.  The background was hand stamped - I used a fourth cloud to ink around in three different shades of blue.  I have to add that IRL, it is a much better looking card!

Thanks for stopping in today.  I have a special surprise planned later in the week with some very special friends, so I hope you keep checking in......

Huggz,
April

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Just fabulous and so special. Love it!

Patti J said...

lol...love your sunshine! I would LOVE to see some sun, however, it looks like we are in for more snow tonight and tomorrow! Great card, April!!! Thanks for sharing!

Marlene said...

Adorable card. Love that little sun!

Pssst.....freebie sentiment on my blog tomorrow - but you didn't hear it from me...heehee.

Becky said...

I love it! Anything to remind me of warm weather.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Clever layout. Very cute! Have a sunny day....

Lone Pine Designs said...

This will brighten anyone's day!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, this card is so cute! And warm! And awesome!!! I love the circles of bling and the way you layered the clouds. Makes me smile just looking at it!!!

MiamiKel said...

April, this is just the happiest card :) I'm glad you found some sunshine! (just head on down with Jeanette to my beach and you'll have lots of sunshine!) Love the layering and the clouds - all of it! x0x0

Lynn McAuley said...

Love the depth of your delightful card, April, with your pop up clouds and sun!!

dweatter said...

Great card April. Love the background and then the dimension of the other clouds and sun on the card. Cute added bling!

Anonymous said...

April, I'm so glad you got a little sunshine, even if you had to make it. ;-) Love your sweet, cheery card. The extra clouds and swirls are so fun -- definitely a ray of sunshine in my day -- thank you for sharing it!

~Paola~ said...

This card makes me smile...and brings forth a memory of a popular John Denver song:
"sunshineeee on my shoulderrr makes me happyyy"... very cute, sweet card April.Love ot!