Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Delightful

WOO HOO!
I am even a day early with this post!  That is music to my ears this week.  I was doing great, crafting away, when I realized that some things due this week were yet to be done.  So, I decided to blog and schedule what I have and then get off my duff and go make the card that NEEDS to be done....PHEW.... Plus, the electricity was off for part of the day and my DS, Kyle, needed to go to CSI camp, and because of that, my DH, Mike had to be taken and picked up from work....sure has been a busy day and I'm not done yet....lol

Here is my card for the progressive challenge over at Delightful Inspiration.  The image is called Appliqued Tree and I didn't color it this time around.  Rather, I printed it out on cream card stock.  I made a quilted border and then added modge podge over the whole thing.  I then sprayed some Smooch on it and wiped it off to make it look more antique.  The card on a whole makes me think of a quilt my grandma once had.

Thanks for stopping in today!
Huggz,
April

8 comments:

Lori said...

I do like the image like this. I looks 'old' and loved, like a quilt, I guess. I really like it, and the quilt squares are so pretty!

Sherrie Conner said...

This is a great idea April! I love crinkling and tearing and wearing! It looks wonderful with the squares! Great job with this image! :)

Becky said...

This is a great idea, very creative.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is wonderful, it has that just out of the attic, grandma's quilt, great job.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a great card... love the quilted idea. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the card. Great idea.

Hugs,
Beth

:: BlueInks :: said...

Very creative!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderfully creative way to use the image, April! Your cards reminds me of the quilt my grandma had on her bed while I was growing up. Beautiful!!!