Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February, already?

Hi everyone!


I am hoping that everyone is starting off their week in a positive manner. Can you believe it is the first day of February already??

Over the weekend, I was checking out my schedule and saw that I needed to post this week for Deedee's Digis.  I was going to rush down to my "desk" and get crafty with one of the many new images Deedee has drawn up in the last week or so, BUT (I know, there is always a catch) decided to rather use a card I made at the end of last week.

It is never a great feeling when a friend of the family passes away, but it does bring me peace to make a card specifically for those friends.

This card features "Amazing Love" and was colored up with my Copics. I cropped the image close and used a Nestie to cut out the sentiment; then layered them over a piece of green card stock that I embossed with Swiss Dots. The edges were inked with some CTMH ink, and I added a gold ribbon and some gold rhinestones; and voila, a card worthy of our friends.

I hope that my card brings solace to our friends; and gives you inspiration for those not so great times that a card is needed.

Huggz,
April

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh my friend, I don't see your card here but did spy it (with my little eye!) on the DT blog and all I can say is WOW! Such a simple yet truly elegant card that just speaks for itself - classic and wonderful and celebrating Him! Love it! (and you!) x0x0

Lone Pine Designs said...

Beautiful card!

Rose said...

A very pretty card April. Very serene.

seeasmith36 said...

What a very lovely card, April

:: BlueInks :: said...

Perfect sympathy card. I am sorry for your friend's loss.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, your card is beautiful and I know it will bring a lot of comfort to the recipients.

Lynn McAuley said...

A wonderful and touching sympathy card for your friends! Beautiful work, April!