Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Creative Cowgirls are at it again....

This week was a tough Creative Cowgirls Challenge for me.  I loved the image that was gifted to me from
But, I had no idea what to do with it or the challenge despite them going hand in hand.

So, I made a beach scene!  I printed my mermaid onto both teal and peach papers and cut the peach for just her body.  I used gel pens to color her and in real life, she looks almost like an enameled pin!  In part of my mind, I wanted the hair to look as if it was flowing throughout the water.  The papers were all out of my stash.  I just love the rocky looking one, not sure where I picked it up, but am so sorry that I didn't buy more of it!  I added the hand written sentiment because it is going to a special friend that could use a turn of good luck~

Thanks for stopping by and I do hope that you stop in to the Challenge blog with a submission for this week's challenge!

By the way, we are getting ready to hop and are so excited that we don't want anyone to miss it.
If you help spread the word by posting our badge please leave a message on the blog and you could win $50.00 worth of goodies!!!!

Huggz,
April

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful card, your friend is going to love it!

Lone Pine Designs said...

I love all the different textures and the rocky paper is terrific!

MiamiKel said...

I think you did a marvelous job, April :) I love the different textures and you know I love me some beach scenes!! Hope you are having a wonderful SONday! x0x0

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is a fantastic card, I just love, all the textures and colors and that image is awesome.

Lori said...

I like the pebble paper too! Great beach scene, it works!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The textured paper is cool! Great idea with the water drops.

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! Incredible scene you have created here, April! The textures are fantastic, and I like how you did the image on two layers to give her that ocean-y look. You may have been really challenged by this, but you conquered it!!!