Monday, October 18, 2010

Marvelous Monday

Well, I survived the weekend!! OH YEAH!

We went mining....I know, you are thinking the I went underground with my pick axe and bucket; wearing my hard hat and carrying a lantern....  NOPE, in New York we mine for Herkimer Diamonds.  You can check out Wiki here to see what they are.  The fact of the matter is that you want to chip away at the hillside and hope full find a pocket full of them.  In reality, this doesn't happen nearly as much as a person would like.  There are (supposedly) tell tale markings so that you know what to look for.  I was with my family - this was a Boy Scout outing.  They troop leader loved using the sledge hammer to help me along...finally I told him I was going to finesse it a bit and I came away with the biggest diamond of the day among us.
These are more like what you find.  You can slick on the pictures to get a better look at them!


No matter what, it was a good day, albeit a bit breezy.  It makes you happy for the days leading up to the snowfall that you know is coming.  We get about 100 inches of snow each year.  UGH!  {I know what you are saying....you talked weather yesterday!}  But, who doesn't like to make cards for the snowy season??

Today, Deedee has offered up a new challenge.  And in my book, it wasn't really an easy one...lol...But, y'all know that I am gonna give it the ol' college try.  Her challenge is to use GREEN and PURPLE.

I have used one of Deedee's newest digis ~ Just Chillin'!  You can pick it up over at her blog/shop.  It is a mere $3 and if you spend $10, you get this month's freebie image, Hopeful Heart.  Check back later in the week for my project using it!!  And, speaking of checking back ~ DON'T miss our blog hop on Friday!!  The DP is from Close To My Heart (CTMH) and the ribbon and cs from my scrap pile.  The button is one of many I picked up over the summer at an estate sale! 

Besides fitting the challenge at Deedee's, it follows the sketch challenge at Crafty Ho's and is apropos for the challenges at Gingerloft,  I Did It Creations, and Craftalicious.

Thanks for checking in this Marvelous Monday....
Hope you will stop back tomorrow to see what I have up my sleeve for Tuesday!!

Huggz,
April

10 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Awesome card, I just love this little bear, need to get it colored up. I like the purple and green and here I was thinking Halloween, so you have now changed my stuck in the mud mind. :)

Michelle said...

Great card!

Carol W said...

This is a great card April....love your coloring...way to go...(Also, nice diamonds... too bad you can't "cash em in".

Jeanette said...

Perfect colors for a 'freezin' season' card. This is just adorable. Whoo Hoo what a fun day and a diamond, too. thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

michele hileman said...

That is really awesome Thank you for joining us at IDIC

Katja said...

Lovely card!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at I Did It Creations Challenge Blog!

Greetings,
Katja (IDIC-DT)

Kathy Czygan said...

Hi April! I love non-traditional Christmas/winter cards and this one is gorgeous! Deedee's image is adorable and I love your coloring on this sweet little bear!

Rae Anne said...

DIAMONDS!!! Don't I wish! Don't you wish. . .;) I love lilac & aqua together! Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

Tammy Miller said...

What cute card thanks for playing along with us at the crafty ho blog!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, I love your card, very creative! And awesome diamonds, too. ;)

Thank you for participating in the Crafty Ho Challenge this week!