Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thankful it is Thursday!

I am having a great day~
While the sun isn't actually shining, the temps are in the mid to upper 60's and the Spring flowers and trees are in bloom.

I had three challenges and accomplished two of them this afternoon.

The DT over at Inktegrity issued their Hump Day Inspiraton #7.   I used the recently released bag of popcorn from the "Ticket Please" set, on the front of an invite to the movies for some of my son's friends....  His birthday is coming up in June, so I am getting a jump on these!  When I finish them up, the inside will use the ticket that says "You're Invited!" as a border around all the details of the party.  This is just one of the many ways to use the ever versatile digi-stamp.  All materials for this card are from my scraps....lol


The second challenge I did this afternoon was issued by Sketchy Thursdays; and they used a 'prompt' from Who's that girl #7.  I figured that I might as well combine the two - I rarely craft anything directed at myself, so why not try this?  It was a lot of fun - all be it, out of my comfort zone.  The papers are from Colorbok, the stamps are from The Greeting Farm; using CTMH ink!  The butterflies are only adhered to the page by one wing, to give a more flutter-y affect!



Thanks for checking in on me today, see you tomorrow for Fantastic Friday!
Huggz,
April

7 comments:

Christy said...

That card is too cute and I just LOVE your layout :)

If you are interested, I have started a new challenge blog that I think you would enjoy. I would love it if you'd give it a try sometime.

Scrap It With a Song

Diane (djuseless) said...

April your popcorn looks so buttery and yummy! Love it! I love how you added the sentiment to the ribbon too! Thanks for playing along with Inktegrity's Hump Day Inspiration!

Scrappin Ashley said...

I always love coming and seeing your cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at Inktegrity again!

Carla said...

Thank you for stopping by to play with us at WTG! I love your colors on your layout and those butterflies are my favorite!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great way to use the popcorn image and the Inktegrity sketch. Fun colors! Thanks for playing along with us!

Melissa S. said...

April, Hi from Melissa over at Bugaboo Stamps. I'm so glad you joined the Hop last weekend and I love what you did with the Friday Freebie Image. Cute Card. I wanted to let you know that I picked your name to win a free image from Bugaboo stamps. All you need to do is e-mail me with the image of your choice and I will have Jodie send it out to you. Thanks again for playing along with the challenge and for joining us for the blog hop. You can e-mail me at memesackman@yahoo.com Look forward to hearing from you.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That card is ADORABLE and I love love love love your LO!!! That photo is precious and loving the butterflies!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)