Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crafty Ho Challenge

The Ho's have really done it this time....offered up a challenge that hits home.

I am on a mission to use up the bits and pieces that are stashed all over my craft area.  The Ho's put out a green challenge ~ to reuse or recycle in your project.  This is a card I made with all recycled pieces.  The card base was cut wrong originally, so I repurposed it here.  The pink card stock has mis-printed digis on the side that is adhered to the base.  The left front is from a card someone gave me over the weekend (I was aghast, they BOUGHT it!) The sentiment is also from the same card.  It was mounted on a piece of light blue that was originally miscut in size.  The ribbon was a scrap that my GF gave me already cut into various lengths.  The brads, which don't match, were leftovers that have just been sitting in the corner of my three drawer organizer.  Oh, and the butterfly which is popped up on dimensionals was cut from another card (also store bought, from my secret pal at Church).

Bet you really want to see it now, huh?
Okay, here it is:


I am not quite happy with this, think I should have distressed the edges of the butterfly.  Probably will do that after I am done here....

This is only one project I have done this week, but you will have to wait until tomorrow night to see the centerpiece I made for my uncle's birthday. 

Huggz,
April

5 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great job, April. I like how you tied the ribbon....I will have to remember that and CASE it along the way!

Gael said...

Cleaning up your extra supplies, one card at a time! LOL... I like your bright colors and your use of ribbon. Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos!

Rae Anne said...

April darling, you are rockin' this week's challenge with all your re-purposed" and recycled elements. . .:D Thanks so much for participating in this week's "green" challenge with The Crafty Hos!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! April you certainly participated 100% with this week's challenge........ I love all of your recycling...... and the card is really cute, too!

Hugs!

Thanks for participating in the Crafty Ho Challenge this week!

Tammy Miller said...

Wow another great project, thanks for joining the crafty Ho challenge!