Friday, September 17, 2010

TUC Challenge

Well, somehow, I missed the last two challenges with my 'blog group.'  I didn't mean to, but some days it is harder to get a post made than others!
This challenge was to make a card that showcases what you like about the changing seasons.  I have definitely been in the autumnal mood (is that even a word?), so this was an easy challenge for me. 

I used a digi from Deedee's Digis and kept my card simple.
I stuck with various colors of card stock to represent what I like about Autumn.  The card base is a grey blue which reminds me of the color of the skies this time of year.  The green behind the image is to show how we are seeing less and less grass on the ground and the hues of red and orange are to show how those are the colors we are seeing more and more of.  I did add an epoxy paperclip, tied with various ribbons for some texture....and I felt bad that there was no DP on the card, so added some burlap paper to sit under the sunflower....

Thanks for checking out my Friday blog~

{{On a side note, did you get your Christmas cards sent to CJ on the Cowgirl Up Ranch?  There is still time, check it out!!}}

Thanks for stopping by,
Huggz,
April

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Too cute. Love the duck.

Lone Pine Designs said...

I love that sentiment...goes perfectly with that happy duck! You have made a great card for the season!

Lorie said...

LOL! Autumnal mood works for me! That's cute, and so is your card!! I loved this image when I first saw it on Kelly's blog, and I'm thinking in REALLY gotta have it. The colors on your image look great, and I like the way you tilted the panel a bit for added interest. Great card!!

Love and hugs,
Lorie

MiamiKel said...

I'm seriously digging this card ... the blue was an awesome color choice, I would not have thought to use it but bet your bottom squirrel, I mean dollar!, that Im going to case you, m'dear! :) Hugs! Love ya!

Becky said...

Adorable card, cute little image.

dweatter said...

I just love this image. Great job coloring it. Love your embellishments.

Rose said...

Aww, so cute! I love the duck image with the autumn leaves, really clever!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun sentiment for this duck and his autumn leaves!! Super cute card, April!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

That sentiment goes perfect with the cute image. Great job!

Karen said...

Thanks for participating in the challenge April. I love your sentiment and the cute ducky with all the coloured leaves in his lap...do ducks have laps? Your card certainly has all the elements for fall.

ddazzled71 said...

Such a cute and playful card. I love the blue background as it really makes your other colours pop.