Monday, September 20, 2010

My Favorite

This it my favorite time of year!  I love that the heat is leaving and the days are still nice and the nights are clear and all in all, it is good sleeping weather.  I am not sure that I could live without the changing of the seasons.

There are so many digis out that depicting autumn and the changing of the seasons.  This one from Deedee's Digis is no exception.  I love this image and had to color it right up!


I live in the Finger Lakes Region of New York and we are wine country.  There are many local vineyards and they provided great inspiration for this!

I paired up the digi with one of the included sentiments - you can see them all here.
I also followed the challenge over at Stamp N Doodle of purple and brown.  I won't submit it for their challenge, but had to give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

18 comments:

Marlene said...

This is very pretty!

Hey - my hubby is from the Adirondacks, originally.....the Finger Lakes region is beautiful.

paige said...

Love how you colored the image and the shading around it!

Becky said...

lovely card, wonderful coloring.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Beautifully done!

Tammy said...

Terrific inspirational card. Nicely done.

Lorie said...

Aaaah! I've been to your neck of the woods, and it's beautiful. My nephew lives in Alfred and goes to Alfred University. That's not too far from you, is it? Your card is beautiful, April. I love the sponging you did on this one. Just gorgeous!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous work with this wonderful scripture!!

MiamiKel said...

How exciting! I have yet to use this but love your coloring on your grapes and the wonderful purples ~ such a sweet, sweet card!

ddazzled71 said...

Wonderful colouring and scripture, this is a great card using this image.

Lola said...

This is just lovely and I too love fall.

Unknown said...

The grapes turned out great! Very nice card.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your card turned out perfect, April. I really like how you colored the grapes.

Min said...

Adorable card April and Congrats for being our Fab Follower of the Week over at Shelly's Images!
We're so glad to have you!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, your card is gorgeous! I love the sponging... nice effect!

Melina said...

gorgeous card....:)

Unknown said...

Hi April! I just LOVE your blog. It is such a fun place to be. And your card is just beautiful. Congratulations on being our Fab Follower this week at Shelly's Images. Visit the store at www.shellysimages.com and pick out a free image as my thanks for being our Fab Follower. Email me at shelly@shellysimages to let me know which image you would like to get. I will send it right out to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Look at those fabulous grapes! You gave them such depth with your coloring, and I love the fun inking on the image frame. GORGEOUS card! We are in wine country, too, though on the opposite side of the country. We get to watch the grape leaves change while others watch the tree leaves change -- how fun is that? :-) Hugs, Deedee

dawnmercedes said...

You did a great job shading around that bunch of grapes!