Monday, September 6, 2010

Are you happy?

Well, Mother Nature decided that I was being a crab apple and complaining too much about the heat and humidity; so, she decided to rain on my parade....

So, I have spent the morning blurfing and coloring and being a bum~

One of the fruits of my labor is this card, featuring the newest digi (Bushel of Blessings) over at Deedee's....  Can everyone say woohoo....she has created 100 digis and is giving this one away!!  Plus, if you make a card for her challenge, will email you another freebie....

I kept my card of  the simple side...I think it all flows really well without any DP behind it...if I were to change it up, think I would use a wood background and make the panel on the left a DP featuring fall leaves...  Anyhow, the digi and sentiment are both from Deedee's, and the rest is scraps...I have been making many fall themed cards and this was all on my desk, so that is what got used....lol

{{In case you haven't realized, I love to use my scraps!! I am definitely a recycler and my family will attest to this!}}

Thanks for stopping by on this (US) Labor Day!
Huggz,
April

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Great way to use scraps. Cute card.

paige said...

Great card! Love the sentiment.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun layout for this sweet pig and his bushel of apples!! Adorable work, April!

Anonymous said...

This is so darling, April! I like how you flipped the sketch to make this image work with it. Great coloring, and I love the apple piece -- very creative! I'm praying your day has gotten happier, sweetie! So often Mondays are just those blah days, but that's why we have the Happy Monday challenges -- LOL! Hugs, Deedee

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is so cute April. Like how you flipped the sketch and did your take on it. Great job. TFS. Thanks for playing along with us Deedee's Digis Happy Monday Challenge.

MiamiKel said...

You know I love me some April cards :) This is tooo cute! I'm sorry you've been a bit down today -- we can't have April without a smile on her face! And here's a {{{{ }}}} to go with!

dawnmercedes said...

haha...I love your upbeat post about being crabby! I've been trying to make my own crabby posts a little more light hearted as well! I hope today was an improvement in your mood...and weather!

Unknown said...

This is a beautifully simple card...the pig image is way too cute. :)

Lorie said...

Very cute, April! I love that pink pig, and your constructive use of your scraps. That's always a good feeling to thin those out. Adorable card!