Sunday, September 19, 2010

CUP Sunday

CUP?
yep, Cowgirl Up!

So, it is Sunday and that means a new challenge over at Cowgirl Up Sunday Stampen' Challenge blog!  The challenge this week is Hip to be Not-Square.  So, the challenge is to make a card that is not a square or rectangle. 

I was lucky enough to be gifted an image from Delicious Doodles.  Now, to be honest, it is a robin; but it reminded me too much of a precious chickadee, so I colored it up that way.

So, I made a card shaped as an ornament. The image is behind a treat cup from SU and has just a bit of bird seed in it. The back has room for "To and From" to be added!




Now, for more honesty....
This was my third try at this challenge....see, I was so excited over the image that I forgot to make my card into a shape....lol...I could have torn my card apart, but like it too much, so it will be sent to a worthy recipient.  My second try was a shaker card to remind me of an ornament....Well, let's just say that no one in my family liked it completely.....

So, now you see why I stuck with showing you the ornament first....lol

Thanks for stopping by here to check out my crafting....Make sure you check out the challenge and leave some love for the rest of Posse!  Link up at the challenge and you could win 3 DeliciousDoodles Digis!!

Huggz,
April

15 comments:

Tammy said...

All three are awesome in my book!

Becky said...

These are beautiful, love the shape one.

Lone Pine Designs said...

They're all lovely...but I do love the shape of the first card!

Emkay said...

Great idea to add the bird seed, and your first attempt was defintely too nice to take the picture off. Love your final card though!

paige said...

I love the ornament shaped card! And lucky you! You now have three great cards in your stash!

karen said...

great projects!

Poppet said...

I think all 3 look fab April and I would be happy to receive any. The green colours you have chosen look fab (green is a favourite colour of mine but I hardly craft with it). The image looks great and you have coloured it beautifully. :-) xx

*Susan* said...

April, these are three great cards! Love the touch of the birdseed in the treat cup!

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with this sweet bird!!

I love the ornament with the birdseed!!

ddazzled71 said...

Three great cards using this sweet image. I absolutely love your take on using the SU Sweet Treats Cup and creating an ornament.

:: BlueInks :: said...

I think it turned out great, April! I love the image and the bird seed in the shaker - clever idea!

Anonymous said...

i like all three too. But i think the ornament is my favourite, it so special. hugs bettina

Lorie said...

Well, they're all great, April, BUT... the shaped ornament is awesome!!!! Green is my favorite color, and working the bird seed in with the treat cup was just brilliant. This would be an awesome card and gift all in one. You rocked this challenge right out of da house!!!

Love and hugs,
Lorie

Rose said...

What great projects! I love them all!

Marjo said...

Awesome! They are all gorgeous. Wonderful DT creations. Thanks for sharing...

Hugs, Marjo