Wednesday, November 14, 2012

PLANES, (trains) AND AUTOMOBILES

It's the 15th and that can only mean it is time for the Darlings to be DUELING it out!
Debbie was our hostess this month and she picked a wonderful theme along with Carol!
They went with a theme based on the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles where the main characters are trying to get home for the holiday!
Debbie sent two kits, because she couldn't decide....lol....we did only have to use one kit, but I loved them both!!




The top card features Emelia by Kraftin Kimmie, "Hopscotch Boy Toys" from K&Co. And embellishments from SU!  The lower card shows off "Chevrolet 1957" by Clear Dollar Stamps and dp from American Crafts.

Debbie also wanted to know a favorite memory.  I must admit that Black Friday is fun on many levels.  We shop all day and then party all night.  Yep, we do Thanksgiving dinner all over again with the cousins!!  So much fun!

Make sure you check out the rest of the DUEL!

Dazzlers          Divas

April (me)         Barb

Debbie              Carol

Jeanette            Kadie      

Melina                       

Michelle               Judy

Paola                Kelly

Terry                    LJ

Darlene              Tami

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


**Edited to let you know that blogger isn't my friend and won't let me schedule posts and I wanted to make sure this was here for the early risers!!**

13 comments:

Darlene said...

LOVE YOUR CRDS!! Shouts the early riser - so you will know that your extra effort was worth it. Blogger hasn't been cooperating with me for scheduled posts either the past few months. I dont get it.
But I do love both cards! Very creative with the '57 Chevy and love the colors on the Kraftin Kimmie image!

kadie said...

Omgoodness! TWO cards!! April, you rock :) they are both fabulous and so completely different from one another. I love the shape you cropped that car immie! Perfect guy card!! I'm so excited to be part of this fun group with you. Can't wait til our month!! :) HUGS

MiamiKel said...

Woot woot for not one but TWO awesome cards! Love it! Love the bright orangey colors of the first one - perfect fit to the coloring and paper choice! And the cheeriness of the car - fabulous! Fun all around!

Blogger worked for me today - shocker! It must be being nice for all the times it wasn't, lol!!

*Blessings to you, Dueling Darlin!*


Melina said...

Very cute April! I love the colors on the first and the banners on the second! Great cards :)

Lola said...

both are so cute. Love the "guy" card below!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Two awesome cards!! You rock, April! Both are so bright and beautiful! Love the layout on both. Gorgeous coloring and cutting on Amelia and love how you made the tag hanging form the safety pin on the ribbon. Love that dsp and the colorful banners with that beautifully colored chevy! So much fun! So much creativity! Your recounting of Black Friday shopping stories sparked memories of the same for me! TFS!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Ooooohhhh....you did both!!! I love them!! your layouts are great and I love the wonky way you cut out the Chevy! That is so cool, and so out of my comfort zone! Seriously, that cut is PERFECT for the image and the card!!

Love them ☺

Tammy said...

Super fun travel cards! Love the car, I think I had one!

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna girlfriend..you are a SUPER card making over achiever...love love love both cards...outstanding...you really did an amazing job on both cards..I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite..hugs,

:: BlueInks :: said...

Well, look at your cute Amelia Earhart card! It turned out great. I really like the 57 card too. Those types of stamps make great masculine cards. Great job!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOWzer!!! Two absolutely GORGEOUS cards, April! I am jaw-dropping amazed at your creativity. Both are way too lovely!

Now, to the important matter at hand........ can I please be your cousin? I want to shop all day (Black Friday) and enjoy the night of the Friday Thanksgving dinner with the cousins! What do you say? Am I family???

dweatter said...

I love both cards! I had a hard time fitting my airplane in, I love how you used yours. Great layout on the car card! Wonderful, wonderful cards.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

i love BOTH of these April~ I wouldn't be able to choose a favorite either.....and I think it's awsome you used both kits and made two cards :)

Thanksgiving sound like a great time of the year for you, wishing you so many blessings to you and your family.

Hugs ~LJ