Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Bird-day!

Quick post, for a card I quickly made yesterday. I didn't realize it was a {new} friend's birthday yesterday (longtime friends will tell you I am awful with sending cards on the correct date....for the longest time, my sister would get her card a month early!)
So, I whipped this up from scraps on my desk! The set is older SU! I embossed the CS to mimic the Piggy Tales paper I used and then just watermarked the image and sentiment with clear heat embossing! The gemstones are from the shop at CYDI? and the layout is the current sketch challenge (#171) at Tuesday Morning Sketches. It is also a pretty masculine card, so apropos for Twisted Tuesday 2TC31, since I embossed and got out my power tool, the heat gun....lol



Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

14 comments:

Melina said...

Love your circles and embossing! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

crafty-stamper said...

clean and simple but does the job great embossing and love the cute image thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
carol DT x

Debbie said...

Cute card! Embossing is the best technique ever, I think!! Cute image!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Lola said...

All the dots (embossed and DP) are great and really go with the large circles. Hope your friend loved it!

Jeanette said...

Very cute card! I love all the polka dots!

Tammy said...

Cute! Love the polkadots!

marsha said...

So cute and clever!
Hugs,
Marsha

Shari said...

Your right it works for our challenge at Twisted Tuesdays! I like the polka dots! Hope you join us again next time.

Cheryl said...

Love all those polka dots! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Super cute fast card! Love it and the colors are great. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very creative, April!

Thank you for participating in this week's Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

ah, the calendar is just a rough guideline! I too am terrible with being on time for birthdays...I think that's a pretty common cardmaker problem! I love your take on the sketch - fabulous with all the polka dots! Thanks so much for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us :)

kadie said...

Adorable card, April. Perfect layout to showcase that sweet petite stamp. Love those colors together too!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Love all of the polka dots! You put together a cute little card!