Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Calendar Girls

Today's post is for the Calendar Girls blog group I am a part of! 
And, the challenge this month was to use a little known holiday as inspiration for our card.

EPIC FAIL

Yep, I looked at the list and to my dismay, only two things popped out at me - today is French Toast Day (no bread or sandwich stamp) and it is the penumbral eclipse.  So, I went with making a card that was inspired by the eclipse....lol

Papers and ribbon were from my stash.  Digi is from Deedee....who designs here, and the layout follows this weeks Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO269).


Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Hooooooo has a Fabby card ... You!! How fun to see our DeeDee again!! This came out super .. Love the choice of the coral for your card and great sketch!!

Big hugs my fine Calendar friend!!
Xoxo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is so pretty!!! I love that sketch... and the owls....... and WOW! What a holiday! I think we should all celebrate!!!

Glad we're Calendar Girls together, my friend!

Barb said...

Great colors on your card April and I think the image is darn cute!

Thanks for being a Calendar Girl!

Athina said...

Great card! I love the colors and the texture of it.

Terry Ladwig said...

Great card April! Love the layout and the colors you chose to use!

Whenever I see a layout with layers like this (not the same length next to each other) I tell myself that I should try that....then the OCD (straight and even) in me kicks in and I can't do it. Love it though!!

Carol W said...

Wow April...what a card...love the colors love the white on black layer, love the uneven top layers and the owl...colored to perfection...Great job April...I am so very glad we are Calendar girls together...♥

Jacquel said...

Wow! This is really pretty April! I love the colors & the layout....great job!

~Paola~ said...

wow...talking about being original!! Such cool card April, I totally love your interpretaion of your choice of holiday!Love how your swiss dotted panels match your ribon too.Very cute card!!♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

The penumbral who?! LOL Like as in hoo from your owl on your cute card!

Great use of a holiday I have NEVER heard of. Totally perfect!

Love the colors you used.

dweatter said...

Love this sketch with all its layers and the black DP. The owl image is wonderful as is your coloring of it! Well done!