Friday, November 9, 2012

I am so sad!

I usually make generic cards to give whenever. You know the type ~ they fit a multitude of people or occasions. Today, I have a card made for a specific occasion....well, it was intended for a very special baby! But, alas, things have not panned out as we had ALL hoped.
Our friends have been looking to adopt and had finally jumped through the millions of hoops to even be considered. It has gone so far that they met with the mother and were just waiting for the bay to be born. Yesterday, my husband received a text with the picture of the baby and the pertinent info! YEAH!!
So, I made a card to celebrate....since the baby was born on Election Day, I went with patriotic colors. He needed blue and I liked the striped DP's together. Even followed the deconstructed sketch and it came out beautiful (if I do say so myself).
Yep, here comes the kicker.....the baby's mother has changed her mind..... Not only are our friends and their family devastated, but so are we, part of the extended family so to speak....
Y'all know I don't usually share 'stuff' like this, but my heart is broken! I am going to share my card...I think I need to so that I can move on. I'd like everyone to say a little prayer for this baby, such an innocent little boy in awful situation!




Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

Tammy said...

So sorry, I misread what was written. Hopefully the setback is short lived and happier times are ahead.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, now I'm sad, too. :( Sorry to hear of the heartache your friends are experiencing. I am praying for all involved.

Love your card, though!!! Very striking colors and great layout!

~Paola~ said...

My heart skipped a beat when I got toward the end of your post :(
I cannot imagine how the hopeful Parents must feel now....
I will pray for HIM to guide them... You created a special card for such a special lil boy...
Hang on to it...you'll never know...*hugs to you* ♥

kadie said...

oh my gosh, April...please delete my other post. Somehow I missed the bottom. How heartbreaking. I can only imagine...
Sending up prayers for your friends.

Lola said...

Oh my...that really is so heart breaking. I'm so sorry for your friend & family and pray all is safe and loving for the baby.

MiamiKel said...

Oh sweetie, I'm praying along with you as I know that God will have to have his army of angels to watch over the wee babe. It's a heartbreaking sceneario but we have to trust in His wisdom and maybe, just maybe, he will grow up happy and healthy. Beatuiful card!

Jen Shults said...

This is adorable! I love the little onsies! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

:: BlueInks :: said...

So sad. I'm really sorry, April. Thinking of you all.