Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thirsty Thursday?

Yesterday, my family ran around with our heads off....in doing so, I forgot to take anything out of the freezer for supper....  In retrospect, we should have gone to McDonald's, Wendy's or Bill Grays....  I "made" a pasta salad from a kit.  Now normally, I loved this company's (which will remain nameless) products.  BUT, can you say salty?  I am still drinking water to rehydrate.

Now, you are probably wondering what that has to do with my blog??

Nothing.  Just needed a name for today's post and that was the first thing I thought of and I needed to tie it in somehow....

So, onto the card.

This month, The Sistahood of the Traveling Card is working on the theme "Christmas in July".  My SCS friend, Jeanette (aka Forest Ranger), has inspired me to look for craft things at the sales my husband and I have been going too.  I 'found' the ribbon on this card and spent a whole 25 cents on a huge, unopened spool of this and just knew that it was going to be my focal point of my card.  Also used was the Medallion stamp from Stampin Up and a sentiment from Close To My Heart.

Thanks for stopping in on this "Thirsty Thursday"!
Huggz,
April

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the ribbon. Pretty card.

Lynn McAuley said...

Wonderful work on this pretty holiday design, April!!

Karen said...

What a deal on the ribbon. It helps set off the theme on the card. April, you have such as wonderful sense of humour

ddazzled71 said...

I love how striking the red and black of the medallion stamp is. Great Card.

dawnmercedes said...

what a great card!

Michelle said...

Great card!

MiamiKel said...

Look at you - garage sailing and what a terrific buy for a quarter, my goodness! This is such an interesting stamp ~ I'll have to get out of my comfort zone and play more with shapes and designs - very inspiring, April :)

:: BlueInks :: said...

That ribbon is really pretty. I heard that you are really into embossing! ;) LOL