Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is the 15th of the month and that can only mean one thing ~ it's time to get my duel on!
Debbie was the hostess this month for my team, the Dazzlers; while Carol led the Divas!
While they tried to make everyone think we would be crafting with spiders and squirmy pets, the actual theme was "Let Me Call You Sweetheart!"

It was an amazing kit (I have lots left over)! I used the dp from My Mind's Eye (Love Me Banners and Plaids), immies are Happy Heart Day from SU! (mouse) and Couple of Cuties and sentiments from Clear Art Stamps, and multiple embellies Debbie sent!!



This card, given to my DH yesterday, featured a criss cross pocket card. I used my Cuttlebug to cut the polka dot paper, hand trimmed the image and put the at the cross. The banner was cut from the dp; I also used the brad and flower sent. Debbie also sent the charm hanging from the banner!



I loved te other immie, but thought it would make a better tag for my son's gift. So, I trimmed around the image, punched out some hearts (the blue was from my scraps, but the plaid was in the kit); I also used one of the great candi dots sent! I tied this to a little bag of candies!

Make sure you stop and luv on the rest of the dueling teams!

Dazzlers          Divas
April (me)         Barb
Debbie              Carol
Jeanette             Jamie
Melina               Joan
Michelle               Judy
Paola                Kelly
Terry                    LJ
Darlene              Tami

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ!
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

15 comments:

Janet said...

WOW! Your card looks so origional - love the way you have it cut out and the layout!

Melina said...

Such a sweet layout April! I love that you cut out the banners from the paper....how cool?!!!
I love your cutie patootie tag also! Great job, HUGS :)

MiamiKel said...

Wow, I love me a two-fer!! This is a gem!! Such a cutie two cards you've created! I love pocket cards - they still rank high in my list of faves, great choice :) Lovely way to showcase all the things in your kit - fabby!

*Blessings! xoxo

Barb said...

April--what a cute card! Cards!!!!! Pocket cards are one of my favorites and the colors you used are perfect!

Thanks so much for being a great friend in the duel!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, these are fabulous! How wonderful that you used both images that Deb sent and in such different ways, too. Very fun cards. I also see that you cut out the banners from the paper. ;) I love that!!!

You WOW'ed us this month!

Just DARLING! You've dazzled us with your creativity!

Michelle said...

April...love your card, and the tag! They both are so cute. Great job with the coloring..you cut the banners apart too...cool! that never even came to my mind.

Great job!

:: BlueInks :: said...

STOP being so dang cute! LOL You did such a fab job this round.

I love the banner. What a great idea for different use of papers. As I think you said on another blog, will be CASEd by me!

I hope M liked the card as much as I do!

~Paola~ said...

oh wowww....TWO projects...U sure are SPEEDY :o)
Both are absolutly awesome,and I particularly like the clever idea to cut out the lil banners too...LOVE the pocket card and how U assembled it...*wonderful job dazzling sistah!♥

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness you clever girl you....I checked this out before work this am but couldn't leave love then as I was late..I love the images you used and the tag is a darn clever idea...way to go my friend you nailed this challenge....

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! You really rocked the duel with these terrific creations, April! Love the pocket card and how you used the banner with the love charm, the beautifully colored vintage image layered on that great die cut...awesome! Love the sweet tag you created with the mouse image for your DS valentine gift...so clever!

Terry Ladwig said...

I see you and Jeanette are both very smart....love the way you cut out the flags and made a banner!!

Very cute card! Great job ☺

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

awww what wonderful valentines.........

I really LOVE the tag!

Hugs ~ LJ

Jamie Sanchez said...

Both are super cute April!!! Lucky Kyle got a treat bag!! lol... Great job.. I can't wait for our hostessing month to get here either... :)

dweatter said...

WOW 2 projects!!! They are both adorable. I love the way you cut the banner paper and hung it on the criss-cross card. SO CLEVER! Great job coloring the image and handcutting. You are amazing. I love the tag and it is perfect to go on candy for your DS. You totally rocked the kit!!!

Darlene said...

Love both creations!! Adorable card, and great hand cutting to show off the image! Cutting the banner from the DP is brilliant. The tag is just so cute, looks like a happy V-Day in your house!