Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

Earlier this week you got a peek at my craft space. It was a mess (still is, so no more pictures), but in those pictures were hints of two card sets I am sending to my swapping pal, Sam. I Also did some creative cropping so that a mystery wasn't revealed too soon.....utoh....

Sam is hostessing a Men's Cards Swap and I took general spot and a birthday one. I will be honest and tell you, as many probably know, I rarely put a sentiment on the outside of my card. And, if I do, it is pretty generic. This holds true with these cards too. I hope Sam and the rest of the swappers don't mind!



I used some twine, from The Twinery, for a purely male embellishment. The card base is kraft from a*muse. The digital image is from Mo's Digital Pencil (one of my most favorite immies evah); the sentiment is from SU. This is intended for my general card, but could be a birthday one too!



The card base is a*muse and the DP is CTMH. The button is vintage~ an estate sale find! The image (obviously) is from Bugaboo!

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh Kudos for having mojo, Miss April - can I borrow it? Both are cuties, I'm sure they will be well received by the swappers! I love the shadow technique on the first one most of all! x0x0

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great stuff, love the spotlight, that has always been a favorite of mine :) the second one is so cute, love the image. TFS

Tammy said...

Great cards! I especially like the first, one and the spotlight!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Both cards are great. I especially like the first one. The layout is perfect and I oh so like that technique....going to have to remember that one!

ddazzled71 said...

April both cards are fabulous to give to that special man in your life. I especially love your first card with the spotlight technique. particularly how you have set it to one side. I just read your comment on my blog too and I am so pleased you are liking Unity Stamps....I am really enjoying using them.

Darlene said...

There you go again, teaching me something new to try!! Love that spotlight technique, will have to give it a go. That first card is so wonderful, the image is perfect.
Your second card is cute and playful! Just love your creations!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Your spotlight card turned out great! I might have to give it a try sometime...thanks for sharing!

Melina said...

Oh April! I love the way you pieced the image in the first card and love the addition of the striped dp in the second! Great creations :)

paige said...

Two great cards April! Love how the striped piece in the second card draws the eye in to the image. and the spotlight technique makes a gran statement on your first card!

Anonymous said...

Two terrific guy cards, April. These are always the hardest for me to make, and you make it seem so easy! Love the spotlight technique you used on that first card, and the super sweet image on the second.

kadie said...

Omgosh, I LOVE that spotlight card! It's just the perfect touch of everything. The layout and your coloring are FANTASTIC!