Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Duel is ON

Well, it is the start of a new round of duels.  Jeanette was our hostess (that is for the Dazzlers) and Kelly hostessed for the Divas (they really are...lol).  Between the two of them, Jeanette and Kelly, they came up with a great and challenging theme: 
"What NOT to wear!" 

If you have ever seen that show, or even heard of it, you know that individuals with questionable taste get remade....

Yep, we all received kits that didn't necessarily "match".
Here's what was included:
DP's:
Colorbok Beautiful Music
Paper Company Double Sided Mulberry - green/lt gr
Paper Pizazz Yummy Chocolate Chips
Paper Studio Girly Graffiti, Hibiscus Flowers, Multi Colored Bursts,
Water Color Floral, and Watercolored Balloons
Embellishments:
Eyelet Outlet - mug and Bux cup
Heidi Swapp - Anywhere stickers
Karen Foster Designs - orange floss
Making Memories - Remeber Ribbon
Simplicity Buttons - green, pink and purple
Vintage key from a treasure hunt

I must admit that I knew straight away what I wanted to do.  Not sure I truly pulled it off, but it sure was FUN!!
The only piece of the kit I couldn't figure out to use on my card was the vintage key....I have some thoughts, but just not with this card...lol...
I did get everything else on it, or in it!

So, have I bored you yet with the details?
Hope not!
Because, here is my card!!



 

So, what do you think?  Did I take this mismatched kit and rework it into something great? (I will settle for okay here, or even fun and passable!)
After you leave me love - you are, aren't you??  Make sure to stop over and visit the rest of the Darling Duelers:

Dazzlers          Divas
April (me)         Barb
Debbie              Carol
Jeanette             Jamie
Melina               Joan
Michelle               Judy
Paola                Kelly
Terry                    LJ
Darlene              Tami
And, our guest this month, Janet!

I tried to forget this part, but I might as well post it....
I am supposed to put a 'questionable' outfit that I once wore into my post.  I am not sure the outfit is questionable, but when you put my BFF and I together....oivay!
This is my best friend, Cheryl, and I on our way out to the dance club circa 1986.
Can you say pretty in pink?
I sure do wish I could get away with going out in public like this today....lmbo!
Not only is the outfit "interesting", but those glasses are HUGE! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

16 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

The clothesline is a great idea, April! 'Listen Up', your card is perfectly done!

I so thought that you were posting a picture of you going out in pj's for J! Sorry, it was an outfit. LMBO!!! Thanks, for sharing.

Tammy said...

I love it! Wonderful idea to have a clothesline.

Janet said...

I love that card!! The clothesline idea is SO cute!
And bet that picture brings back memories....

Barb said...

April--love your card. The clothesline is perfect and works so well with the assortment of items we all received.

Love your outfit from the 80's!

Melina said...

love your clothesline idea! Fabulous!
That picture is a hoot! :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your picture, isn't fun to go back and see what we wore :) Your card is filled with lot's of fun, great job.

MiamiKel said...

ohhh lovely!!!! what A charming idea! i love that you instantly knew what to do! you have a most creative mind! love the picture of you two....you are just as lovely today..inside and out! (just like your card!!)xxoo

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Fantastic card, April!! Love how you created clothes out of the D.P. and hung them on the line. Super fun card! Love it!!!
Oh, and you are so darling in your p.j.s??? And love the glasses!!! That's the 80s for sure! Seems like only yesterday....

Darlene said...

Wow, April, your card is SUPER! Love, love LOVE how you cut out clothes and hung them on the line. Very clever.
Oh, I should look for a pic of me in big glasses...surely I must have one SOMEWHERE! LOL

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness....... this is so clever!!! You amaze me! I love the clothesline. Wish I'd have thought of that!!! What a perfect way to use a bunch of papers that don't match. You win my unwavering admiration!

And did you make that flower? So pretty! Wonderful card in EVERY way!

Now I do have to giggle at your picture... yes, I'm definitely glad you didn't ignore that part of the duel instructions. Like Tami, I thought you and your friend were in your PJ's. LOL! Imagine my eruption of laughter when I read that you were actually on your way out. Tee Hee!

Thanks so much for participating in this month's fashionable duel!

Carol W said...

Love your card an picture April...how fun...I truly have no pictures I could get my hands on but will dig a little just for you...lol...I love how you made the clothes on the front of the card from the dsp...great job...

JRB said...

April
All I can say is WOW. Your creativity is WOW.
Joan

kadie said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice pic!!! Awww, the good ole days :)

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the clothesline!! How clever!! your card is awesome!!

Um....I do believe that my glasses in the 80's were bigger than yours!!

Great job ☺

~Paola~ said...

OH MY GOODNESSS!!! how creative and clever U are!! Look at that clotheline idea...wowww...perfect to 'hang' all kind of d/p 'clothes'...this is truly AMAZING!!!...love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!*tfs* :o)

dweatter said...

Great card April. Love the clothes on the clothes line. What a terrific idea. Way to use the "Listen Up" on the inside. Perfect for this image. Definitely...Pretty in Pink!!!1