Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Pixie Saturday

Last week, my friend Kelly talked about a new book club.  Being the voracious reader that I am, I decided to check it out. 

Pixie's Bookshelf, the new blog which celebrates this book club, made August its debut with the book Wings by Aprilynne Pike.  I will be the first to tell you that this book isn't in my 'normal' genre, BUT, it was a fun quick read that I enjoyed while camping!

After reading the book, we were asked to craft a card based on the book.  While you are thinking pixies and wings, I took a different approach and crafted a card dealing more with the feelings of the book.  I took away that the main character,  Laurel, learns to celebrate her 'growth'.  I don't want to give away the book to those of you that might read it, so you should check it out to better understand my card!


Deets:  I used very little ink on this card (TGF is teaching me to be more creative with a Heart Journal) and all products are from Close To My Heart!

I hope that you all are having a great weekend.  If you have a chance, pick up this book and spend some 'you' time!!
Huggz,
April

7 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

The perfect whimsy card, April. I like how you outlined in the gold. Creative!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I totally can see Laurel in this! Beautiful card, I adore it :)
Thank you SO much for playing along with Pixie and Honey! We hope you'll join us in next month's read too!
hugs, margie

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is a great card, of course I haven't read the book, but based on what you said, Celebrate seems to fit. Have a great weekend.

Tammy said...

Wonderful card, regardless what the plot line is.

Lauren said...

What a great celebration card, I love that you didn't go for the expected. Love what you have done.

MiamiKel said...

This gets a DUDE from me!! OMGosh, you nailed it with the "Growth!" I actually LOVED this book, surprisingly so -- and just couldn't put it down. Laurel inspired card is just spot on -- thanks so much for playing along with the challenge, you've made my heart "glitter!" *wink!* Love it!! (and you!) x0x0

Anonymous said...

April, this is a great way to CAPTURE the book WINGS. I see the beauty in the blossom and the leaves!! Thank you so much for hanging with the Bookshelf Crew!!