Friday, October 26, 2012

Welcome!

Wednesday, my husband and I earned some quality 'activity points' and helped a friend move. No wimpy furniture there, just quality heirlooms.....big and bulky....and, none of that fake wood....the real (scratchable) deal!

I thought it would be nice for her to get some 'happy mail' at her new place, so I created this card using the deconstructed sketch #75. I don't pull off the mixing and matching of dp like my friend Kadie does, but I am pleased with my finished card!



The designer papers are from Everyday Eclectic, ribbon, gems, CS from my stash, and the stamp set is from Close To My Heart.

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

8 comments:

~Paola~ said...

this is a beautiful bejewelled card April...love that stamped image! Just ohhh sooo perfect for your now-moved friends! ♥

Liz Williams said...

A warm and inviting card. Getting settled is a big comfort after a move.

MiamiKel said...

You pulled it off beautifully! Lovely card design and a perfect card to commemorate Mover Mike's great job! x0x0

kadie said...

Yay for happy mail!! You're so thoughtful and your card is adorable!
HUGS

Tammy said...

So very thoughtful of you to create and send such a cute card! I'm sure they appreciate your help as well.

Lola said...

I think the DP's go together perfectly. How sweet of you to help AND give a card after YOUR hard work LOL! I bet she'll love it.

Darlene said...

Well, my friend, I disagree with you. I think you always pull off mixing and combining DPs very effectively! I love this color scheme too. Those gems are really pretty also. So thoughtful to top off all of your hard work with some happy mail for her too!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I will say it again....I love me some grandma paper. This card is great and the use of the g paper is perfect.