Friday, April 15, 2011

Triple D

Nope, I haven't been hitting Diners, DriveIns or Dives....It's time for my blog group to Duel it out!

The Dueling Darlings are having Movie Night!  Melina and Joan came up with this wonderful theme for the month and sent us a kit to showcase this theme!!  WOOT WOOT

I had so much fun with the Kit from Melina.  I must be honest and say that I only used about half of it and have plans to make a little craft project for my EK in the very near future with what I have hoarded!!  Melina wondered if we would invite anyone over to watch this movie, but I have to say NO to that - I watch it about 3 times a week with EK...it's either that or Nemo...both seem to be getting kind of  'old'..lol

From the kit, I used the images (EK Success), Toy Story Paper (Creative Memories), half of the Chocolate Chip TopNote piece embossed with Spots and Dots (SU! and Cuttlebug), along with the buttons and brads from Hobby Lobby and the twine from Wal-Mart.  I didn't use a really cute star paper from DCWV, but did add just a bit of faded yellow card stock with SU! sentiment....lol

This kit was a ton of fun to work with and I hope you check out what the rest of the group made!!  It's always a lot of fun for me to see how our creativity blooms when using the same supplies!!  Remember to stop and leave love all around!!

Dazzlers          Divas

April (me)         Barb
      
Debbie              Carol

Jeanette             Jamie

Melina               Joan

Michelle                Judy

Paola                Kelly

Terry                    LJ

Darlene              Tami

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

15 comments:

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a fun card!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, this is the cutest card!!! I love the side step look with the Toy Story characters showcased on it. Such perfect use of the kit Melina sent our way. WOW!! You are so creative! You certainly dazzled me!!!

MiamiKel said...

Now this is super fun! What a darling stair step fold with the lil guys hanging out in front - wonderful! I'm sure Kyle liked this one, too! Very cute and creative approach to the movies! x0xo

Tammy said...

Aw, perfect!

~Paola~ said...

Holeeeee mackerel April!!!! WOWWWWWW!!
This card is absolutly the GREATEST!!!
Gorgeous sidestep fold...(never tried that yet...)and awesome use of almost all elements in the lit.This card TOTALLY rocks!! Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!

Barb said...

I love side-step cards and this one just Rocks! I love all of the components that Melina sent to youg roup and I really like the placement of Woody!

dweatter said...

Great card. I love the sidestep layout and how you used both images. Great use of everything in the kit. Love your coloring of the images.

Melina said...

This is so darn cute! I love the fold and the way Woody looks like he's jumping over it! How cute! :) I'm glad you liked the kit ;)

(I'm with you though, DS watches this so much it is getting old, no one coming to our house to watch it either *giggle*)

:: BlueInks :: said...

Darling card, April. I love how Woody looks to be leaping over your fancy folds!

Jamie Sanchez said...

This is so so cute April. I love Toy Story and this card makes me smile.

Darlene said...

Oh, April, the side step is PERFECT like this!! Such a festive card with the bright DP setting off the characters! Love it!

Terry Ladwig said...

I was going to say what Melina said....looks like Woody is jumping over a hurdle ☺ I love it!! Very cool design!!

Becky said...

This is so cute April!

Carol W said...

What a great card April. I love the stair step card and the way you used the dsp and the rest of the kit...you rocked this FOR SURE!!! Great job my friend...♥♥♥

kadie said...

Oh my goodness, this totally Rocks!! I love love love this layout and those immies and that paper! Love it all!! What a fun kit to work with!