Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CYDI?

Blogger is giving me fits, plain and simple. Why, when you need it to post for you (and I mean need), does it not come through??

And, the new set up doesn't work correctly with my iPad, it seems, and I lose anything I try to edit.... So, I am editing this in hopes that it works and doesn't just disappear from blog land...lol

Now, back to my regularly scheduled blog.....


I have been under the weather and crafting has been at a minimum. I have so many ideas, but no energy to finish anything....darn allergies and RAIN. Literally, under a great big rain cloud that is making my head fill and Mike tell me I am constantly in a FOG....lol

Today's post is special twofold. I was lucky enough to get to pick the challenge photo and it is to celebrate what would be my father's birthday. I like to think I got my artistic muse from Dad; and today's card is based on a mural he painted in my hometown. Here is my inspiration:


And, here is my card:



I must admit to loving the flowers and butterflies I picked up at CYDI? store! So versatile....here I painted them with Smooch (also found at the store). The sentiment is by Verve and I kept the rest of the card simple with just a border punch to set off the white and black!

Thanks for stopping by!
Take a shot at the challenge this fortnight....so fun!
HUGGZ,
April

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your card and thanks for sharing the sweet memories about your dad!

~Paola~ said...

what a great card April!...
I loved reading where your inspiration came from...awesome mural too...wow...like father like daughter...creativity and inspirations combined...
Thanks for sharing your feelings....and HB to your Dad in heaven. ♥ I so missed your posting....

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great card and colors! I so think that your dad's painting needs to be a stamp!!! ♥ it!

nwilliams6 said...

VEry cool painting those images with Smooch. I need to get some more colors of that cool stuff. Wonderful card with such a sweet sentiment April! Wonderful inspiration photo and sweet story! Hugz.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Sorry you are not feeling well, it doesn't help to have it raining, just makes you want to stay in bed. I would say your creating is still in full swing, this is beaitful, love the fllowers with the dark background. Feel better.

MiamiKel said...

This is so sweet! I love that you channeled a picture that your dad took - it's almost spot on with the colors and the layout! How sweet that he is also your creative muse :) Hope you are feeling better, my friend - Happy Mother's Day to you x0x0