Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday, in the park....I think it is the 18th of September....

I vowed that I would do justice to this week's image over at Delightful Inspiration.  Faith has great images and I so haven't been doing my best work with them.

So, I set about making a card with it this morning!

I am still a CAS card maker.  I definitely need visual inspiration in order to bling it up, or use tons of layers.

So, with that being said; here is my card for Faith's progressive challenge.

This card does lay flay when closed.  The Scaredy Cat image folds down and it hidden behind the candy corn when the card is 'closed'.  And, there is room to write your own greeting when the time arises!

While this doesn't work this week for Double Delight's challenge, it does make me HAPPY that
1) I didn't wait to color it up
2) I am 'early' with the challenge
3) I have a Saturday blog for a change....

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

17 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

The candycorn shape is perfect. I like the tag as well. Really cute!

dstandard said...

Oh totally love how you used the image! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

karen said...

April, this is awesome! what a great idea! Love how yours turned out!!

ddazzled71 said...

Hi April, thanks for sharing such a fun card with us and congratulations on achieving your goals for the week. I love the fact that this card has a pop up element so it gives an element of suprise to the recipient which I think is a great touch for a Halloween Card. I also love the little spider hanging from the cats tail.

Faith S. said...

Awesome card, April! SOooo creative! I love the sentiment, too. :)

Lone Pine Designs said...

Delightful!

Unknown said...

Love this adorable Halloween card April! The colors are great!

Unknown said...

Nice and interesting...and yeah you are early

dawnmercedes said...

Ooh...I love the candycorn card!

Michelle said...

Cute card! Love the candy corn shape! Very creative.

Lynn McAuley said...

What an adorable Halloween card!! Delightful design, April!!

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness! Your blog is a treasure of inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creation, April! It's just fabulous!!!!!

Becky said...

What a cute card, love the candy corn.

MiamiKel said...

Wow, this is just superb! What an original image and such a cute ornament - all three cards are wonderful, imho :) Well done, girlie!

MiamiKel said...

Not sure if my comment posted so here it goes again! Nicely done! I love all three designs but your ornament came out splendid! Kudos!!

Sherrie Conner said...

This is super!! I love candy corn!!
So glad to see you again this week at the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge!! :)

Kathy said...

What a yummy card, I love candycorn! So creative of you to shape a card like this.