Friday, February 15, 2013

DDD

Nope, the 'girls' haven't gotten larger.... It is time for the monthly duel between the Dazzlers and the Divas!

Paola and Judy were our hostesses this month and here is what Paola said about the kit:
♥ IT’S ALL ABOUT LOVE! ♥
Hello girls,
It's February and your Dueling Darling hostess’s -Paola for the Dazzlers and Judy for the Divas- have chosen this theme of love based on the Bible verses from Corinthians 13: 4, 7, 13
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud…It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres…And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (New International Version)

There is so much about love to celebrate in February, besides the forever traditional day of love, Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14th.
Some celebrations that take place this month ,and that may inspire you as you create your card for the upcoming duel, are:
American Heart Month
International Friend Month
Random Acts of Kindness Week (10th – 16th in 2013)
Brotherhood/Sisterhood Week (17th – 23rd in 2013)
Send a Card to a Friend Day (Feb. 7th)
Love Your Pet Day (Feb. 21st)
Family Day (Feb 18, 2013 in Canada)

With this theme in mind we would like you to sow the seeds of love and kindness you have received in your life. You are challenged to pay it forward by performing a kind gesture and doing it anonymously! The week of the 10th – 16th may be the perfect opportunity for you to do this.

In your kit this month you should received:
Designer Papers from My Mind’s Eye (Love Me) : 'Hearts'
Pinecone Press (Be Mine) : 'Smoochie' and 'Checkmate'
Ribbon from Recollections (Michaels): red glitter; pink glitter; red and white satin
Divine Twine: pink, white and red twine floss
Heart Wood Clip: ' Celebrate It' (Michaels)
Pink bling hearts baubles (Michaels)
Prima flowers -from my stash-
Various heart brads -from my stash-
1/2" Epoxy Brads 'Sending Love' from SU
Buttons - from my stash-
Stamped images and sentiments, all from SU! : 'Summer by the Sea' ; Circle sentiment : 'Riveting'

So, without further ado, here is my masterpiece.....




I have paid it forward this week, just can't share that with you so that it can stay anonymous! I have been trying to pay it forward more regularly since the beginning of the year; let's hope I can keep doing my part!


Please check out the rest of the duel....the love luv too!!

DAZZLERS
Terry
Paola
April (me)
Darlene
Jeanette
Melina
Debbie

DIVAS
LJ
Judy
Kadie
Tami
Kelly
Carol
Barb


I am counting this as number 45 in my hundred day challenge - I used noe of my own supplies except card base!

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

15 comments:

Melina said...

I love how you colored the image April! The colors are wonderful! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, I first saw your card while skipping through the SCS threads. Love that I get to see it again here on your blog - because it is STUNNING! Your coloring is amazing! And the dark background makes the image pop! Love it!!!

I, too, am keeping my Pay It Forward unspoken - truthfully, I thought that was part of being anonymous... that you don't tell anyone what you've done. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. Thanks!

Judy McMullen said...

I love your card, April! What a striking layout!! Love how you used som many of the embellishments...buttons, brads, flowers and twine to frame that wonderfully die cut and colored image! Everything just pops! Thanks for your friendship...You are an inspiration!!

Barb said...

April--I love the soft colors. And--the layout is so pretty.

I am so glad you are a part of this fun duel!

kel Acopan said...

beautiful job april!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Oooooohhhh April.....your coloring of the image on this one is awesome!!! I love the way it looks like they are sitting on the beach looking over the water! Very cool!

Your card is great...and I agree that I am not sharing my random act of kindness!

Thanks for being a Dazzler ☺

:: BlueInks :: said...

April, you created a really great scene with your image. I like how it turned out! Great job.

:: BlueInks :: said...

I almost forgot....I'm glad the girls aren't larger! LOL :)

Darlene said...

April, your coloring on this one is really stunning - I love the background you colored. It looks like they are up on a hill looking out over a vista! It's beautiful!!

It looks like you cut the DP for the inside into a zig zag shape following the design on the paper. Great touch!

This card is wonderful.

Carol W said...

Wow, wow, wow April this card is stunning...I love the way you used the dsp as the little ribbon ends on the sentiment...love the way you cut the immie...great coloring as well...Great job on this challenge...(and I got a giggle for sure on your opening line...lol)..hugs....

dweatter said...

April this is such a pretty card. I love how you colored the image, I just could not seem to figure out how to color it. The die you used to cut it out is perfect and I love the little tag you made with the sentiment, DP and brad.

~Paola~ said...

finally hopping by to leave some love....and wow...this card has me stunned...what GREATTTT coloring and die cut you used here ...plus the dark background makes it even more of a dramatic, beautifully romantic scene,making your immie pop~...I totally love this card April! ...I also noticed we had similar ideas w/ round circle sentiment /heart and buttons and flowers corner...*wink and smile*
Loving it! :o)
Thank U for partecipating in Jydy's and mine 'dual trick' this round...♥

kadie said...

BAHAHAHA!! Love that you clarified your post title for us. HA! Cheeky Girl!

April!! Your card is STUNNING! Your coloring is fantastic! That sunset is amazing and such a great idea!! Love every detail of your card. LOVE LOVE LOVE! (all about the love. teehee)

MiamiKel said...

Great job this month on your card! The background brayer look is stunning.

Fantastic duel!

nwilliams6 said...

What a fun challenge and fun message too. Your card is lovely - the sketch and image are wonderful. I love all the details you shared here! Hugz!