Friday, December 28, 2012

Snowy Days

It is the 28th.....meaning the day the Calendar Girls post!

Our theme this month by the (envious) Kelly is Winter Wonderland! For a gal who lives in Miami, she sure does love her snow!

So, here is a bit of inspiration.....we received a foot of snow this week.... Here is the view from my garage door looking outta the neighbor hood! You can see that my son and his friends had fun in the yard yesterday!




And now that you need to warm up, grab a cuppa and check out this little gift 'bag' of winter thank you's. I am only showing you the outside, but inside is four matching cards and envelopes! I found the tutorial here....had never tried this before, so am submitting it at the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #178 (where there was no sketch this week...lol).




Obviously, the blue from Kelly's challenge is evident, but the silver is in the brad....lol....just a tad of it, but there it is!

Hopefully, somewhere on my sidebar is the link to the other Calendar Girls's blogs.... Otherwise, you can fin the links here....

Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

15 comments:

Barb said...

What a cute project April--great job on the challenge this month.

Stay safe with all of the snow!

MiamiKel said...

Oh well you know I'm totally drooling with all the snow - gah! Room for one more person up there?! :)

Gorgeous tag set - super beautiful snowflake as a focal point!

Stay safe up there and enjoy a bit for me! :)
x0x0

Carol W said...

Oh April, what a cute project...of course I immediately went to the tutorial...you did such an awesome job with this...I may have to try it...I know the lucky person you give this to will absoultely love it....hugs...

Melissa Craig said...

I love snow, too, but live in the Orlando area. Lovely card - or does it hold cards? Yes, I know. It was very hard for me to not have a sketch this week. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Tammy said...

That's a lot of snow to shovel! Sweet gift especially to say thank you!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow. I thought of you when I read the news for your area. It is pretty....to look at!

Your project is pretty to look at as well. All of the blues are great together. Those snowflakes are TDF!

Dawn said...

Very cute project April. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Darlene said...

WOW!! These are so very pretty!! The snowflakes are over the top! I love, love LOVE these! You really rocked the Calendar Girls challenge this time.

Debbie said...

What a great gift box!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Very cool!Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)
I thought I would let you know that in your blog design, much of your type is somehow being lost in the background. I have no idea how to fix it, mind you, but I had to try to highlight all of the text to be able to see it, and thought I'd better say so!

Grandma Bonnie said...

I will need to check out the link.. Ivan see that it was a lot of work! Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches for our special challenge, "Anything Goes"!

~Paola~ said...

This is GORGEOUS April! what a great idea...loveeee the huge snowflake as the central detail too over the beautiful d/p.Txs for the link to the tutorial...I think I NEED to make a few of these in the near future...*wink*♥

jimlynn said...

What a wonderful little gift idea! So pretty in all that blue and that huge snowflake is so pretty! I'll check out that tutorial too!
Lynn

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, that picture of your yard is gorgeous! I think snowfall is beautiful - at first... then it gets dirty. LOL!

And WOW! What a fun project. Love the blue and the teeny bit of silver. Very nicely done!

Terry Ladwig said...

I am convinced that Kelly loves snow because she doesn't have to deal with it like we do ☺

Your card is great and you got some silver in, that's all that matters!

Love the papers and your layout ☺