Tuesday, August 28, 2012

CG Olympics!

The theme this month is Calendar Girls Olympics! And Debbie asked us to:

1. The colors of the rings on the Olympic flag are: blue, yellow, black, green and red. Your card must have at least one embellishment and it must be in one of those colors.

2. Please make a card based on one of the Olympic events. The events in this summer’s Olympics are: Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Canoeing, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Soccer, Gymnastics, Handball, Judo, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Track and Field, Trampoline, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, and Wrestling.

She also asked that, when posting to your blog, please let us know what your card represents about the Olympics.

She also mentioned that she wanted us to get creative with what you have. Use die cuts, stickers, stamps, whatever you have. I do not want anyone to have to go out and buy something.

So, all that being said (and owning many sports stamps) I decided to honor local girl Abby Wambach. She's a soccer player, you know....lol. Once I got creating though, I realized I needed a boy card for one of my son's friends. So, it morphed into a boy card!



Obviously, I used RED as my Olympic color (but threw in some blue for contrast). My red embellie is the heat embossing in the background. (Does that count??). My popped up soccer ball is black, if you'd rather count that as my embellie.....lol. I used a Puddle Jumper from Lori Boyd (Lucas, to be exact) and the soccer ball stamp was from a set gifted to me and it has been used so any times the wrapper is no longer intact! I also used some half pearls attached with The Best Glue Ever (used Embellie Gellie too).

Make sure you check out the rest of the Calendar Girls' creations (links on my sidebar)!


Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

Cute card April! Love that it is round too ☺ Great job, and love your inspiration for the card....it's nice to notice and recognize the local athletes!

MiamiKel said...

Hollah!! I'm smiling at your use of the cutie LBD guy - he's so versatile and fits right in with your fabby circular card! The banner is a great compliment to an already super cute card! Great job, Miss April!

Thanks for checkin' in on me during the 'storm of the century', lol. You are a GEM!! Blessings to you, my friend! x0x0

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April... I love the way you made a round card! Perfect idea for a soccer card! And that image is just too darling! I love the USA banner, too... very creative!

You've earned a gold, for sure!

Tammy said...

Awesome circle card and wonderful background for the cute image!

Barb said...

Sweet Card April--I love that image and how creative to make a round card! I love the USA banner!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Love that you used a circle shape for your card!

The heat embossed soccer balls are just perfect. They lend a good depth to the card.

Yeah, Abby rocks!

dweatter said...

Great card! I love the round shape...goes perfectly with the soccer theme. The heat embossed soccer balls are the perfect touch and of course, Puddle Jumper images are always great!!! Great job!!!

Carol W said...

What a cute card April...I love how you morphed the girl soccer player into a boy...lol..(a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...)I love the round card and the USA banner...awesome job on this...♥

kadie said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this cutie pie PJ!! Great card, April...fantastic idea to have both embossed and stamped soccer balls!