Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Year one comes to a close

I am truly ecstatic to have completed year one of Calendar Girl posts! I have had so much fun! This final post of 2011 was a ton of fun! It was a Mystery Word given to each of us by the 'month' ahead of us!

My mystery word is:
MASTERPIECE

Before I show you my card, let me tell you what went through my head when Kelly gave it to me.

Yep, first I drew a blank. Then, I said the word and thought of an art museum. This in turn made me think of ornate frames. And that was my starting point to my card.

I went with a folded paper frame (found the tutorial here on SCS). I knew I wanted to use that DP and the color purple, but the DP has white on the reverse. That is why I went with the purple highlighted with the green. I kept that pattern the same over the whole project. I colored the watercolor scene with a blendy pen and CTMH markers ~ image by Robyn's Fetishes. Then I knew I wanted to use the bird from Delicious Doodles as a chickadee and put it in front of the scene I framed! I used the same coloring technique here...lol. Because I felt the card was right side heavy, I added some festive bling to the left! These brads are also from CTMH.



I hope you enjoy my "masterpiece"! Please check out the rest of the Calendar Girls blogs and leave them some love!!


Thanks for stopping by!
HUGGZ,
April

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, definitely a masterpiece!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love it and the fold you chose is perfect. The colors are perfect. Can I ask where you found Blogpress, it is not in the App store, says UK only. You asked about how I attach my glimmer paper, I use Tombow liquid, which is what I learned from the Online classes she said it is better for sticking the more difficult papers like glimmer and embossed layers :) seems to work.

Barb said...

April--Great card and it is a Masterpiece (I am so glad I did not get that word...............)

Love the colors and the images are very pretty! Thanks for sharing and great to have you as a Calendar Girl!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, April........ this card IS a MASTERPIECE!!! I love the layout..... and the color scheme. WOW! Everything about this is perfect!

I would have freaked over the word Masterpiece, but you embraced it and made it your own. Love it!!!

It's such fun being a Calendar Girl with you!!!

BTW, I love the wintery feel of your blog! ;)

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness April....I love, love, love your amazing "masterpiece". (I would've asked for another word...for sure)...You did an amazing job on this card and using the word... honestly, I don't think I could have pulled it off and you did it so stunningly....way to go...I am so grateful I am a Calendar Girl with you...I miss you and am hoping we can chat really soon...♥ Way to go!!!

Melina said...

I love your masterpiece! The layout is so pretty! :)

~Paola~ said...

OhMyGosH April!! I can't believe what a beautiful card U created with 'THAT' word!! wowahhhhh girl...that 'scared' me off just by reading it!! Indeed U raised to trhe occasion and clearly created a masterpiece for sure!!LOVE it!!
.....I am in awe of your creativity...sooo glad I didn't get 'THAT'word!!!! Hats off to U my friend!!♥

dweatter said...

Ahhhh this is truly a Masterpiece. You outdid yourself my friend. It is beautiful. I love the framed in image and the bird. Perfect color combo as well.

Terry Ladwig said...

Your card is a masterpiece April! I love all of the layers, the colors and how you put it all together!

Great job!! I would have been stumped with your word!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Well, if you are not the Master P! Great job! I love the colors and your layout is just perfect.

I have been gone to long....you have a cute winter blog and and easel.

Again, good work!

Darlene said...

Hold the phone!!! That is simply gorgeous, girl!!!!! Chickadees are my favorite outdoor bird (shhh, don't tell Bij). What a fabulous frame technique, will have to check it out. The colors rock and your coloring of the scenes and chickadee are perfect! Congratulations on your Masterpiece!! Love your work!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my stars, you have taken this word and made it your own with this gorgeous centered chickadee! I love each and every part of it and especially that you didn't ask for a new word :) I'm sorry this one gave you some troubles, I thought it would be perfect as you do create some masterpieces! Lovely work, my friend - love each part of it :) x0x0