Monday, October 24, 2011

A Christmas Ornament

I really should be in the Christmas crafting mode...maybe Sassy Studio Designs' Ornament Challenge is just what I need to jump start my mojo!

If you read my blog (HELLO, is anyone out there???), you know that I have been playing along with SSD's Steam Punk Challenge - they have over 500 followers on PCP, ya know.  That was quite the challenge for me - you know I love my 'boy' immies and same old, same old....well SASSY is a reach for me.  I did finally 'get it' toward the end of the week!  And, the DT over there made me feel like I knew what I was doing...lol

So, when they gave a shout out about their monthly Christmas challenge, I said sure....let's give it a try.  (No EK today, so had time to craft)  You still have about a week to enter - go take a look!

Oh, you want to see my submission....
Here it is. 



An ornament made from six punched circles.  I heat embossed with clear on the card stock before punching the circles out.  Sassy Bridesmaid was the immie I have that looked the most Christmas-y, so I colored her up and have her carrying poinsettias.  I added two iridescent beads and a length of ribbon to complete the project.
What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

8 comments:

kadie said...

What a super duper fun idea, April! I love this and I love that you took the pic outside! Cute stamp too!

Karen C said...

Yay! So glad you entered our Christmas Challenge at Sassy Studio! And what an entry! This is awesome! Great work! Makes me think I need to try one of these! :)

Hugs,
Karen C

Tammy said...

Great Christmas ornament April! Love the coloring of your image.

Carol W said...

Woohoo...You rocked this, am going to try and do one too..but wow...I won't even come close to this. She is beautiful...great job on the design and coloring...wow, wow, wow....great job.

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great idea, I love it. The image is wonderful on the scallop punches, never thought to do that. You always come up with such fun ideas. :)

MiamiKel said...

This is the cutest - what a unique idea :) Love the bright pop from the purple! Delightful :)

Melina said...

very creative April! I love it :)

Regan said...

What a cool ornament, April! Love the beads you added! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for our Sassy Christmas challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan