Friday, July 15, 2011

Garden of Friendship

Well, it is the 15th and that can only mean one thing - the Duel is on!
Terry was the the hostess for the Dazzlers and she sent a great kit:
Image and Sentiment is  Fred Bear "Oopsie Daisies" by MFT
DP by Me &My Big Ideas and DCWV
Felt Flowers and Buttons from JoAnn's
Ribbon and a doily from Michael's

I have to admit that I used a bit of everything....except, the doily.  I just couldn't find a way to make it work in my layout.  So, I am saving it and the other embellies from my kit for another project or two!  I will say that I added the dark purple card stock and the green tape in the center of the felt flower.




We were asked to tell a story or memory of a good friend.  Well, I have many stories....and never fail to tell them...  But, to pick just one...Well, since it is summer I will tell you a relating story.

I grew up on the South end of Skaneateles Lake.  It is one of the clearest fresh water lakes and it is cold!!  Not just cold, but frigid!!  But, the best part of living there was that I had unlimited access to swimming since my family had a cottage lakeside!  Not only did my family have a cottage, but so did many of my friends.  Some of my favorite childhood memories are of the the carefree days spent riding my bike, going for hikes (and bringing home flowers for my mom) and swimming in Skaneateles Lake.  Here is a bit of inspiration, taken my my friend Stephen~



Thanks for stopping by - check out what the rest of the Duelers came up with using their kits for the month! Remember to stop and leave love all around!!

Dazzlers          Divas

April (me)         Barb
      
Debbie              Carol

Jeanette             Jamie

Melina               Joan

Michelle                Judy

Paola                Kelly

Terry                    LJ

Darlene              Tami

Thanks for stopping by!
Huggz,
April

16 comments:

Tammy said...

Sweet friendship card! The picture of the lake is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

April, your card is truly darling! I love the way you used the DP on a diagonal separated by the ribbon. Very clever! I also loved hearing of your childhood friendships and seeing that gorgeous picture. THANKS for sharing that with us!

Hugs!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love it April! I like the softer colors you used too, and the layout is fun ☺

Love hearing stories, good and bad about childhood....and I would have loved growing up on a lake somewhere!!

MiamiKel said...

You card is as cute as can be! Love it and the story of your precious memories at the lake! x0x0

:: BlueInks :: said...

I wanna grow up at summer camp too! That's what it would be like summer camp, living at the lake - how fun!

Your card is cute! I like the ribbon on the diagonal. Great use of your kit items.

Judy McMullen said...

Pretty card, April! Love the layout and how you used that terrific ribbon, flower, buttons and sentiment! Beautiful inside too!! Love your lake story and picture!!

dweatter said...

Cute! I love how you used both DP's and separated them with the ribbon! What great memories...I want to go to your lack.

Darlene said...

Hi April~your card is incredibly cheerful and sweet! Just like you!! Just love the colors you used.
Mmmmmm, your description of how you spent your summers outdoors, with friends by the lake is heavenly. You must have had loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

Super sweet card, April! How did you color the teddy? He has a nice fuzziness to him that I just love! Thanks for sharing your wonderful childhood memories -- so fun to learn more about you, and wow, how fun to grow up lake-side!

Michelle said...

Love your card...I really like the way you used the DP! Great coloring. Thank you for sharing your childhood memories.

Jamie Sanchez said...

Great card April! That flower ribbon is darling. That is a great picture as well. I grew up in the country and near a lake that we had constant access too... great memories. Thanks for sharing your story with us. :D

Lauren said...

Lovely card April, love the layout and use of the elements and embellies. So cute. Love your childhood story, nice memories.

Lola said...

So cute and I like the inside sentiment too! What a wonderful memory - TFS!

Barb said...

Very cute card--I love the placement of the buttons!

Carol W said...

Oh April, what a cute card. I love the layout and the way you used your kit...this is adorable. I also love your friend story...brings back some sweet memories for me as well...Way to go!!!!♥

Melina said...

love your cute card! your layout is way cute! love the pic :)