Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Friday!

This week has really flown by for me!  Can't say that I have accomplished much, but the weekend is just about upon me and I am VERY excited to be going to my cousin's wedding tomorrow!!

Congratulations Heather and Dan!

I have no doubt that they won't see this ahead of time, or I surely wouldn't post it!


My card uses a set from Deedee's Digis called For the Happy Couple.  I used a different "Congratulations" than is included in this wonderful set so that I could personalize with their names in the same type set.  I mixed and matched various cream and gold papers to give this card lots of texture.  I colored just the flowers on the cake in shades of pink (Heather's choice for bridesmaids dresses) and used some gold paint from Stampin' Up to kind of dull the cream card stock on the front.  Huggz to kadie for giving me the idea to doodle a bit above and below our greeting~  I think it just makes the card that much more personal for my wonderful cousin!

Before you go, here are a couple more pictures of this card:




Thanks for stopping by~
Huggz,
April

5 comments:

dweatter said...

Oh April this card is beautiful. Your cousin and spouse will love it. Outstanding job!

kadie said...

Gorgeous card, April! What a very sweet keepsake for your Cousin! And you are very sweet to give me a little shout out on the scrolling idea. You have BEAUTIFUL handwriting, btw!! HUGS

Lauren said...

Oh April, what a gorgeous card, I love it. I have this swing card on my to do list, one day. I will keep yours in mind it is so elegant

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh April, this is just gorgeous. Such pure elegance. I have never attempted this card but this is just darling and I know the happy couple will treasure it forever, esp with your sweet note! (you DO have gorgeous handwriting!) BIg hugs! x0x0

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really pretty, April. The pearl paper looks elegant. That fold is fancy!