Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday, already?

Where is my week going - already "Hump Day."

I was surfing the blogs and what did I find??
(I must be truthful here and say) I truly have no idea how I came upon Jenn's Blog.  But, the moral of the story is that I did find the very talented Jenn and the challenge she has thrown out.  She challenged us to use a sketch by Jennipher Lowery and use the theme of "Light".  You say light and I think of shades of orange....Just thinking of the orange makes me think of walking through an orange grove and feeling the breeze and smelling the sweet scents on oranges!  To top it off, she has some very sweet blog candy up for grabs and multiple chances to win it - you have until Friday, why not give it a try??

I also have to give a huge shout out to Deedee Anderson at Deedee's Digis.  She, just this past week, opened her own store (but I am sure you have previously seen her work)!  I won the image and sentiment that is featured on my card!!  Also, on her blog, she has officially opened up her search for a design team.

Card deets:
DP by Stamping Up!
CS (you guess it) from my scrap pile
Image by Deedee's Digis - colored with Copics
Punched flowers over some DMC floss.

Thanks for looking today!  I hope you enjoyed your time here and will check out Jenn, Jen and Deedee's sites!!

Huggz,
April

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, April!! I *love* the color combination that you used, and your fun layout! Thanks for the shout-out, and congrats again on your win!! Hugs, Deedee

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for entering my challenge! I love your card...it is so bright and cheerful!
Don't forget to link it to inlinkz at the bottom of the challenge post (right after my signature).

I also became a follower...love your blog!

Jenn
xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Never mind it must have been a slow blogger day! I see your link to inlinkz! LOL

Mary Ski said...

Vibrant colors. Love the card!

Marlene said...

Very pretty! Love the oranges and blues together. Striking combo!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Love that image and how you colored it. Great card, April!

Nicole said...

Great job on the Freebie, APRIL! WOOHOO!

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo, hey April! It's MiamiKel from SCS - how did I miss you had a blog!?!? LOVE IT And your card - fabulous! (I won, too! Thank you for inspiring me to get started on it!) I"m a follower now so I won't miss you in the future - blessings to you! x0x0